Grammar Quiz for Advanced Learners
1. What would you say in this situation?
You receive a compliment about your English skills.
B. Thanks, I can speaking English well.
C. Thanks, I can to speak English well.
D. Thanks, I can speaks English well.
2. How would you ask someone about their weekend plans?
You want to know if they have any specific activities planned.
B. Have you any plans for the weekend?
C. Do you having any plans for the weekend?
D. Had you any plans for the weekend?
3. What is the correct sentence?
You want to express that you've been studying for a long time.
B. I study since two hours.
C. I've been studying ___ two hours.
D. I've studying ___ two hours.
4. Which sentence is grammatically correct?
You want to express your ability to swim.
B. I can to swim.
C. I can swim.
D. I can swam.
5. Which sentence is correct?
You want to describe the fruit on the table.
B. A apple is on the table.
C. The apple is on the table.
D. Apple is on the table.
6. Which sentence is in the past tense?
You want to talk about an event that happened yesterday.
B. She going to the store.
C. She went to the store ___ .
D. She go to the store.
7. What is the correct phrase?
You want to express your interest in history.
B. I am interested on history.
C. I am interested ___ history.
D. I am interested in history.
8. Which sentence has the correct subject-verb agreement?
You want to talk about someone having a car.
B. She has a car.
C. They has a car.
D. We have a car.
9. What is the correct sentence?
You want to express your enjoyment of swimming.
B. I enjoy swim.
C. I enjoying ___ .
D. I enjoy swimming.
10. Which sentence has the correct punctuation?
You want to express your preference for certain animals.
B. I like dogs cats and birds.
C. I like dogs, cats and birds.
D. I like dogs, cats, and, birds.